This policy applies to the entire Cheval Voyages website as well as its products and services. When you provide us with personal data as described in paragraph II below, you authorize us to collect, store and use them:
- to meet our contractual obligations to you,
- for our legitimate interest in processing your personal data (eg for internal administrative purposes) or
I. Cheval Voyages
II. How do we collect information?
Subject to applicable laws, we collect information about you or any third party whose information you provide to us when you:
- you register to use our website or services; this may include your name (or business name, if any), address, email address and phone number. We may also ask you to provide us with additional information about your business and your preferences;
- place an order using our websites, applications or services; this may include your name (or business name), your address and contact information (including phone number and email address) and payment;
- complete online forms (including reminder requests), download information, such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any activity offered on the various interactive spaces on our website or application service;
- interact with us using social networks;
- we provide your contact details when you register or access any website, application or service we make available or when you update these details;
- and contact us offline, for example by phone, fax, SMS, e-mail or mail, for example.
We will also collect your data when you fill only a part of the fields to be filled on our site and / or on other online forms and / or when you abandon this entry. We may use this data to contact you to remind you to enter missing information and / or for marketing purposes.
Subject to applicable law, we may supplement the personal data we collect with information obtained by third parties who are authorized to share it; for example, information from credit institutions, providers seeking information or public sources (for example, for the purposes of customer due diligence).
III. How do we use your data?
Subject to applicable laws, we collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- provide any information and services you have requested and the applications or services you have ordered;
- compare the information for the purpose of checking its accuracy and corroborating it with third parties;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve the applications, products, services and information you have requested from us; manage and administer the use you make of the applications, products and services you have requested us to provide;
- manage our business relationship (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, enhance and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide you with a personalized and quality user experience;
- perform, internally, controls on our websites, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security and performance. If necessary, we will anonymize any information used for such testing purposes;
- provide you with any information we are required to provide to you in order to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- to contact you to find out if you wish to participate in our customer surveys (for example, feedback on the use you make of our applications, products and services);
- track and analyze statistics and comparisons jointly to avoid being identified or identifying any other individual;
- provide you with marketing messages or targeted information that may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- deliver content and services jointly with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, with social network providers);
This information will be kept and used for legal, regulatory, anti-fraud and legitimate conduct of our activities for the legally permitted period.
Our website and applications may contain technologies that allow us to:
- verify specific information from your device or systems necessary for your use of the websites, applications or services from our records to ensure that the websites, applications or services are used in compliance with our Terms and Conditions and our agreements with the end user and for the purpose of solving potential problems;
- obtain information about technical errors or other issues related to our websites, applications and services;
- collect information about how you and the users make use of the features of our websites, applications and services;
- retrieve statistical information about the operating system and the environment from which you access our applications or services.
You can manage your privacy settings in your browser or on our apps or services (if any).
IV. Sharing your information
We may share your personal data with:
- third parties, when you have a relationship with that third party and have consented to us transmitting information (for example, social networking sites or other third-party application providers);
- third parties, for marketing purposes
- any third party, in the context of existing or pending legal proceedings, provided we are legally entitled to do so (for example, in response to an order issued by a court);
- any third party, in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including legal or regulatory reporting and the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- and the public bodies that the law in force requires to inform.
V. Your rights under the RGPD
If you reside in the European Union or in another region governed by comparable data protection laws, you will have the following rights:
- the right to know how we use your data and the right of access to your data;
- the right to request the modification or deletion of your data and to limit the processing of your data;
- the right to oppose the processing of your data, for example for marketing purposes;
- the right to receive data about you that you have provided automatically in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have it sent directly to another company, if technically feasible (“data portability”) ;
- where you have consented to the processing of your data, the right to withdraw your consent in accordance with legal or contractual limitations;
- the right to refuse any decision based on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling;
- and the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority (CNIL).
If you request to receive a copy of your data, you may be required to pay certain fees.
If we have incorrect information about you or if your contact information has changed, we thank you for informing us so that we can correct and update our files.
We will retain your personal data for the duration of our business relationship and after its expiration, for the time necessary for the legitimate conduct of our business or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In cases where we no longer need your personal data, we will destroy it in a secure way (without sending you any other notice).
VII. Security and retention of personal data
We ensure the security of your data by taking the technical and structural measures necessary to prevent their unlawful or unauthorized processing or accidental loss, destruction and / or damage. We strive to protect your personal data as best we can. However, we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites, applications or services or to other websites, applications and services via an internet connection or any other connection.
VIII. Cookies and statistics
We use the following types of cookies:
- Cookies strictly necessary
These are cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of our website. For example, these cookies allow you to access the secure parts of our website or to remind you of the contents of your basket.
- Performance cookies and statistics
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our website. All information collected by these cookies is grouped together and, therefore, anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve the functioning of our website and your user experience.
- How to disable cookies?
You can configure your browser or our websites, applications or services to limit cookies or block them completely, if you wish. However, you may find that disabling cookies will affect your ability to use certain parts of our websites, applications or services.