To ride a horse makes one drunk as with wine.
Once in the saddle, one loses all reason and starts to swing like in a heroic dream.Laza Lazerevic – From the book “He Knows Everything”
We offer horseback riding tours all year on a weekly or week-end schedule in different regions of France.
- The Loire Castles, from the Cher valley to the Loire valley, Saumur
- In the heart of Southwestern France
- The Berry, the South of Touraine and its riches
- The Loire Castles
- The Medoc and the beaches
- The road of King Louis XIV-Versailles
- The Lot, Rocamadour (UNESCO)
- Dordogne, the Perigord Vert
- Dordogne, the Perigord Pourpre
- Dordogne, the Perigord Noir
- The Cevennes
- Mount Lozère
- Aude Cathar Country
- The Tarn “The Vineyards and Medieval Fortified Village of Albi”
- The Great Bordeaux Wines
- Brittany, the Mounts of Arrée
- The volcanoes of Auvergne and Sancy
- The Gascogny
Our horses are Arabian and Paint Horse, either purebreds or crossbreds, from our own breeding program. They are kind, energetic and well adapted to our horse riding tours.
Our saddles are a French trail saddle (JMS brands), which blend the best of English and western styles to make the perfect trail saddle. Horses will work in bridles with Myler bits.
Nightly accommodations will vary and include hotels, guest houses, or holiday cottages dependent upon the availability along the tour.
We have a support van for the transport of luggage and riders. It is possible for a rider or a non-riding companion to follow along the horse riders in the van. Lunch is a buffet picnic meal.
Duration of riding time
You will riding an average of five hours per day.
Required skill level
Our rides are open to riders who are comfortable at all three gaits, (walk, trot, canter), with an occasional fast gallop, and practice a regular habit of riding. There are certain passages that must be made on foot.
The minimum age to participate is 16 years old. It is recommended that you be in good physical condition in order to participate on these rides.
Cheval Voyages reserves the right to modify:
- Accommodations based on their availability.
- The route of any tour based on the availability of accommodations, the condition of the trails, and the seasonal weather.